Atrial Fibrillation Panel
- Atrial fibrillation (AF) is an inherited condition that disrupts the heart’s normal rhythm. It is characterized by uncoordinated electrical activity in the heart’s upper chambers that cause the heartbeat to become fast and irregular. Symptoms include dizziness, chest pain, a sensation of fluttering or pounding in the chest, shortness of breath, or fainting. It can also increase the risk of stroke and sudden death (1, 2). Affected individuals can still live normal and active lives, and for some, treatment can restore normal heart rhythms or control symptoms and prevent complications (3). AF affects more than 3 million people in the US. Up to 30% of all people with AF have a history of the condition in the family (1). AF appears to be inherited in an autosomal dominant pattern, which means that only one copy of the altered gene is sufficient to cause the disorder. For this reason, it is highly recommended that affected individuals and related family members assess their risks by genetic testing (3, 4).
- Genes (47): ABCC9, AKAP9, ANK2, CACNA1C, CACNA2D1, CACNB2, CALM1, CASQ2, CAV3, DES, DSC2, DSG2, DSP, GATA4, GATA6, GJA5, GPD1L, HCN4, JUP, KCNA5, KCND3, KCNE1, KCNE2, KCNE3, KCNH2, KCNJ2, KCNJ5, KCNJ8, KCNQ1, LMNA, NKX2-5, NPPA, NUP155, PKP2, RANGRF, RYR2, SCN10A, SCN1B, SCN2B, SCN3B, SCN4B, SCN5A, SNTA1, TGFB3, TMEM43, TRDN, and TRPM4
Test Code: 3025
• Molecular confirmation of a clinical diagnosis of cardiac atrial fibrillation in symptomatic patients.
• Carrier testing in asymptomatic family members of an affected proband.
Test Info Sheet: Atrial Fibrillation Panel
Requisition: Cardiac Test Requisition Form
- Turn-Around Time: 4 Weeks
Preferred Specimen: 3-5 mL Whole Blood – Lavender Top Tube
Other Specimens: See details here
- CPT Codes: 81403×1, 81404×2, 81405×2, 81406×10, 81407×1, 81408×1, 81479×30
Pricing: Please contact us at (949) 916-8886 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Methodology: Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
Comprehensive Cardiomyopathy Panel
Dilated Cardiomyopathy Panel
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Panel